Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Morning Jousting Blues

Ugh...I was going to blog last night, but it was a looong day of "doin' stuff" and then I ended up alternating between watching episodes of Mad Men and putting the baby to sleep to after 1am. This is my first real chance to wrote, and I've only got a few minutes.

I miss Full Metal Jousting. Well, I don't miss it terribly, but it sure was a lot of fun to watch. And I think it makes a fantastic sport: combining the individual achievement (a la baseball) with brutal full contact...and NOT dragging the thing out for 12 or 15 rounds of pay-per-view. Plus, those horses are f'ing majestic.

On the other hand, I don't know if it's something I could really follow...I mean, I do much better with team sports organized into standard leagues. I like to root for a team that represents me and my city (yes, even when it's as pathetic as the Mariners...hey, they won yesterday!). I can't cheer for a single, individual athlete. It's why I don't watch golf or tennis. Maybe if I played the sport it would be different (the people I know who are really into golf and tennis seem to be avid golfers and tennis players, unlike myself)...but unfortunately, I'm no horseman. I'm just a guy who likes to watch two people crashing cars into each other (which would be the equivalent of FMJ).

*sigh* Got to run to work right now...I'll post more later today (and, yes, regarding something other than television shows...jeez!).

No comments:

Post a Comment